Wednesday, September 10, 2008


I went to the library yesterday and got my first library card since i was like 5 years old! I wanted to find some interesting books to learn more about Ethiopia and their culture and all that good stuff. Well somebody out there must be doing a report on Ethiopia because all the books i looked up were checked out or missing! I did, however, find a few novels and a big art history book that looks promising. I read the first couple chapters of the novels to decide which one to read first( i cannot read books at the same time, i get to into the characters). I kept coming back to this one and i will be done with it by the end of the day that is how good it is!! It is a memoir about a boy that grew up in Ethiopia in the 1960's and 70's , he saw Ethiopia before all the turmoil and witness how and why it all started. He also stood up for what was right even though his corrupt government might kill him for his beliefs. Its so amazing how children in other countries grow a back bone and opinion so early in life and not only do they voice their beliefs, they stand up to corrupt authority figures and really want the best for their people. I am so thankful i found the book because for all i was researching i couldn't figure out what exactly had happened to this country for it to be in the state it is now. It is all very interesting and i am learning something new with each page i turn........

1 comment:

Jenny said...

OOooohh. Exciting to read a good book. I'm sure there will be lots more Ethiopian stuff you will learn about. Have you searched the public library online? You can probably have certain books transferred from one branch to the one nearest you and see what they have available. Maybe you've done that already. What a long comment I have left. Maybe I shoulda emailed.