Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cupcakes!

Yester day my sweet visiting teachers came over a gave me a little present for my birthday on saturday! In my hands they placed a box of yellow cake mix, two books titled " 101 things to do with cake mix" and "101 more things to do with cake mix" , all this tied together in a beautiful white ribbon! So after a lovely chat, i decided, you know what, cupcakes sound darn good right now! So in to the kitchen i galloped. Now, as i start cupcaking, i think, "Hmm, i want that yummy pudding frosting stuff!". SO i send Joshy to the store to purchase vanilla pudding mix and a thing of cool whip right, cause thats how ya make it! And just to be sure i called my mom to double check, i had never made it myself but seen it done many many times! so, i pour in the mix and the cool whip and start beating away....and away......and after 20 minutes i am thinking ok what the crap! The stuff is getting thicker but there is no way i can spread this waterey, slowly growing slop over a stinking cupcake! Now, as i have mentioned before, i am not a very patient lady, and i was getting so mad at this yellow blob!


I finally after my hand was hurting from the vibration of the electric mixer, called my mommy. And to my surprize, it isnt just normal pudding mix, it is INSTANT pudding mix! HOw silly of me! No wonder i have this evergrowing puddle of goo sloshing around infront of me!


ARRRG! i slouched over to the couch and plopped down and decided that maybe cupcakes werent a good idear! Then My sweet husband talked some sense into me and because he loves me so much, he ran to the store again to purchase the correct items! Oh and since i used 3 whole cups of milk with the other stuff we now needed more milk as well!






So the moral of the story is....if you want good cupcakes, take the time to do it right and have a good attitude about it, because in the end it is worth it! Just look how happy Josh was!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Alex....! You are making me laugh so much! I think you are now my most favoritest blogger I know! (and I know many. About 50 of em) Yay for happy cupcakes. And for happy Joshy Woshy!