Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Creative Writing

I have been reading What We Ache For by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, a book about unfolding your creativity. I have had many breakthrough's while reading this book and doing the creative exercises through out. The exercise today really opened my heart and mind.... (I realize some things may seem funny or wierd, but in all honesty, i am funny and wierd)

Make a list of all the roles you fulfill and with which you identify:
Wife
Teacher
Friend
Student
Lover
Animal Listener
Worker
Mother
Spiritualist
Caretaker
Singer
Writer
Hairstylist
Artist
Sister
Daughter
Anchor
Dreamer
Realist

I am not a Wife, but the place where Wife arises.
I am not a Friend, but the place where Friend arises.
I am not a Lover, but the place where Lover arises.
I am not a Worker, but the place where Worker arises.
I am not a Spiritualist, but the place where Spiritualist arises.
I am not a Caretaker, but the place where Caretaker arises.
I am not a Singer, but the place where Singer arises.
I am not a Writer, but the place where Writer arises.
I am not a Hairstylist, but the place where Hairstylist arises.
I am not an Artist, but the place where Artist arises.
I am not a Sister, but the place where Sister arises.
I am not a Daughter, but the place where Daughter arises.
I am not an Anchor, but the place where Anchor arises.
I am not a Dreamer, but the place where Dreamer arises.
I am not a Realist, but the place where Realist arises.
I am not a Teacher, but the place where Teacher arises.
I am not a Student, but the place where Student arises.
I am not an Animal Listener, but the place where Animal Listener arises.
I am not a Mother, but the place where Mother arises.

- I am not any one thing. I am not the characteristic, but the house for which these arise. Heavenly Father created our spirits to soar, our spirits are not defined by characteristic, they are where characteristics or ideas arise.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I miss your blog.