Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lately

Good day to all! To explain my absence, all i can say is that sometimes computers just make me anxious. Not sometimes, all the time. It doesn't help that ours is a bit slow either.

I am attempting to get back in touch with myself again...it seems i lose myself every once and a while. I am reading more inspirational things, trying to read my scriptures a bit more. I know that sounds cheesy, but i love history and the scriptures to me are so interesting, and historical, and very inspirational. I am starting to write more, not anything good, just thoughts and what not....writing and scriptures go along together for me because they get me thinking a lot. Not even religious so much, i wouldn't even say i am very religious, but information and stories they tell really capture my thoughts.

Religious......what is that? Am i actually religious? Hmmm.....I believe in heaven, i know i have a Heavenly Father, i know Jesus is real, i believe in the great comforter....i believe and know...i always have....i don't even know when i knew for sure or how it happened....maybe i just was born knowing, is that possible?I believe in the basic goodness of everyone on earth. I know everyone feels good, whether they portray it or not. I feel the spirit of heaven and good in music, and words. I See God in the earth, i have a great understanding for those who worship the earth and why they do. Every plant, and animal, its all amazing.. I would say yes i am spiritual, but religious, i am not sure?

Anyhoo, i am attempting also to make over my house a bit. I have ideas in my head for every room. The hard part is obtaining items when you are lacking funds. I did get my mom's vanity that was buried in the back room of my gramma's house. My gramma is so silly, she has SO much stuff. One of my most favorite things to do in life is to go through her house looking for treasures. She has so so many and i feel somewhat like i am searching for pieces of my soul in there...ok that was an exaggeration, but still, i love it. This time imparticular was not as joyous however, Josh and I took about 7 showers in one shower time after we left there. What a disaster that place is! We had to first clear a path just to get to the vanity, then when all the drawers were out, we had to clear a bigger path to get it out! Ew so gross! And on top of that, she has only swamp cooler and it was over 100 degrees outside...so yucky! Guiltily, i did find so much i wanted to take from there, i admit it, someday when we need something or have more room in a new house i will go back. I doubt Josh will go back with me, but i don't care. Treasure hunting at grandmas house is one of my favorite things :)

Another weekend, we painted long stripes on a wall in our dining area...



This picture doesn't really do it justice, i love the color we found so much! The color is called Rich Raisin! OOh beautiful! I love to paint! I could be a painter and live a happy life i think...

Good bye, till next time i start to think about something.....

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Have you read Marian Williamson? Good. You would like her. Anyhoo. Good post. And I can't comment on all that I feel while I read this. It's just you...and good. Grandma's is our place of treasure as well...as is my pain at the situation as well. Love you!

Jenny said...

P.S. I love the stipes!!!! You guys are awesome!

Jenny said...

I meant St(r)ipes.

Alexandra said...

thanks! Stipes are good too Jenny, i've never had them before though...(?)