Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Have faith and Fear not!

The other day i went frolicking throughout the mesa area to find a part time job somewhere at a school...just like an aid or something fun to fill my time. Well, every school i applied at said they weren't looking for anyone yet so i figured i wouldn't hear back for a while. Well today i had an interview at Emerson Elementary. So i turned down the road merrily singing away and i looked over on another street and an OLD man was flipping me off! He was really old too, like white fluffy hair old! I didn't do anything wrong so i have no idea what his problem was but it was the funniest thing i have seen in a while and i couldn't stop laughing! He saw me laugh too and i think i made him even more mad. Anyhoo... so i show up to my interview and guess who the dean of students(the lady interviewing me) is??? My fourth grade teacher!! How weird is that! Well she thankfully couldn't remember how hyper and A.D.D i was at that age and remembered my good student qualities and hired me on the spot!!! So after my fingerprints and such come back showing that i am not a criminal i will soon be a crossing guard an Emerson Elementary working for my fourth grade teacher! After i take some test then i will be able to be a teachers aid which is more what i was looking for...hopefully i don't get any children run over :/
Also, Josh and I will soon be in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia!! We are very excited about this....the more i read though the more anxious and exhausted i feel...there is soooo much to do and we haven't even begun...i know it will all be ok it just gives me a head ache thinking of all we have to get done....we need passports, home study's, references, biographies of our lives even....not to mention funding as well!!! Boy oh boy, all i know is that we want this really bad and looking back i will feel silly for feeling this way! I am so thankful for all that is happening in my life right now. I am very blessed indeed

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Alex! That is amazing. I wish you and Josh the best in your sorjourn for the baby that belongs to you. She or he is waiting somewhere and Oh... this is so exciting! Also, I think it is a great story of the old man flipping you the bird. Silly old goat. And congrats too on the Emerson job. That will be so fun crossing those little kiddlywinks across the street. They will love you too!